Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Happiness is Homemade

It's the beginning of the busy season for me, which means I need a lot more time to work, bake, wrap and decorate and that leaves me with a lot less time to make art. I still plan to make cards, of course, but once Thanksgiving feast is done, I'm probably jumping straight into Christmas cards and Christmas card gift sets.

I always oscillate between wanting to make gorgeous and unique complex cards for each individual person and making life easier by going in the simple mass production route. I have not decided what I'm doing this year yet, but I'll try to blog my attempts whenever I find a free moment.

In the meantime, I've been playing with the idea of quick and easy cards using things that are already on my desk - such as the die-cuts, embellishment packs and ephemera for a few paper pads I've yet to put away. I think it's fun to try something different and make a card without the usual stamping and Copic coloring.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. lol oh boy, do I hear you! I look at the super cute, clean and simple cards out there and wonder why I can't help but do more complex ones. Some things never change!

    This is another lovely card. Totally love your colour combo here. The brown with the blue and yellows with the hint of green is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, precisely! I am going to try to get out of my comfort zone now and then and just share whatever I make. Maybe it will resonate with someone out there, even if it doesn't seem so impressive to me. I mean, if I compare my favorite cards with the cards that got the most feedback/attention from others, they're very rarely same cards. I think I need to remind myself that I can't decide what kind of value someone else will find in my work. That's up to them, and I shouldn't stop sharing just because I'm feeling critical of my own work.

      Delete