Thursday, July 6, 2017

SCS: Get Lost in a Book

Today, I'm sharing another card from my stint in the Splitcoast Stampers design team.

I am a HUGE bookworm - a voracious reader that on average goes through at least 2 books every week. I read a variety of genres and book types (depending on my mood). I was super excited to see a literary theme for September 2016, and just knew I had to do something special.

My first thought was to make a card based on my favorite book. But I can't possibly pick a favorite book! Too many choices... So, I made a card based on my favorite book series -- Terry Pratchett's Discworld.

If you haven't experienced Discworld, I can't recommend it enough! It's equal parts hilarious as it is thought-provoking. It features an unforgettable cast and a universe that seems truly alive. And you need it in your life. Go out, buy any book in the series and prepare yourself to fall in love. You'll thank me later. ;)

My card features Discworld itself, a flat world that sits on top of 4 elephants that are standing on a giant turtle that's swimming through the starry universe.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm adding this series to my 'to read' list. Thank you for the recommendation. Love how you translated your love for the book onto a card. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're going to love it! It's my favorite book series, by far, and I read *a lot* of books!!! :D

      Delete