Sunday, October 2, 2016

Chatty Sunday: September Stash Kit Review



Now that all the cards I've created with September's Stash Kit have been shared, I wanted to take a minute to review how the process went and what I learned from it.

Total cards made: 13
Materials used:
- 8 patterned papers with minimal scraps, scraps will be used to create some die-cut shapes.
- One enamel dot package that was already used a little prior to the challene
- 13 card bases + cardstock for matting some panels
- 1 adhesive refill and 2 sheets of foam dimensionals
Notable materials pulled from stash:
- Embellishments like flowers, vellum tags and Nuvo crystal drops
- Neutral cardstock and sparkly silver cardstock
- Dies and die-cuts

Overall, I think it was a great success! With the amount of material in the kit, I didn't feel too constrained - something that was an issue with single stamp kits for me. I found that photopolymer stamps were easiest to use on multiple cards, whereas single rubber stamps were a bit more complicated. In the future, I may stamp out a rubber stamp only for one card - especially with more complex designs.

Working with one paper pad went well, but I may pull a larger selection of paper in future kits. I was worried that I used the same tones throughout the kit and that it would make the cards seem too similar. So, I might focus on a larger variety after October's kit.

Though September's kit was great, it still wasn't entirely portable because I used so many dies/die-cuts and embellishments out of my stash. If I need to make a kit more inclusive in the future, I will include an embellishment bag and some die-cuts that are cut in advance. Since I will have the paper chosen at the same time, I will be able to cut out a nice set of panels and shapes in appropriate cardstock or paper colors.

Lastly, I want to note that I did not feel too pressured or too overwhelmed by the card creation. The step that took up the most time was blogging about each card. So, I may have to tweak the blogging portion a little in the future. I did, however, appreciate having a daily card to share for September. I'd like to continue that trend in the future, too.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

No comments:

Post a Comment