Monday, September 19, 2016

SK September: Smile!

Lawn Fawn's Into the Woods was one of the stamps in September's Stash Kit, and I was really looking forward to using it. As one of the earliest Lawn Fawn stamps I bought, it's always been very special and dear to me. Though I've used it when it came out, I didn't pull it out nearly often enough after and that's something I wanted to change.

For this card, I chose to use the cute little fox and the "Smile" speech bubble. I stamped the speech bubble in bright green, and fussy-cut it with a small white border. I colored the fox in bright oranges, then I drew a small smile for him so that it matched the sentiment. I die-cut the image.

The rest of the card came together quickly, with a few dies, border dies and enamel dots to round off the design. I also hand-drew a dotty brown line just around the patterned paper to add an extra touch of brown.

I was pleased with how the card turned out, and how different the fox looks with a little smile. So, I jumped into creating another card with similar supplies.

Though the raccoon is adorable, I was not as thrilled with this card. I used a curved edge die for this card, along with a piece of flair, but I don't think the overall design grabbed me as well as the first card.

I took that as a sign that it was time to get to bed and look at the card in morning. It did seem much better then, so I counted it as a Stash card and decided to share.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~


No comments:

Post a Comment