Sunday, September 11, 2016

Chatty Sunday: September chit-chat and plans

I may have mentioned this before, but autumn is my favorite season. I love the cooler weather - with no bugs, no pollen and with rainy days. I love the way the leaves change color, and how they become brilliant yellow, red and earthy brown. And I love all the activities - from visiting the apple orchards and pumpkin patches to jumping into leaf piles and taking walks in the crisp air. I always feel like it's a celebration of nature, as if there's a royal ball coming up.

Plus, the cooler weather makes it perfect to go back to baking delicious goodies - like cakes, cookies and yummy loafs of bread. I'm going to be trying to bake once or twice per week from September on. Not only do I love to bake, but I've got quite a few ingredients sitting in the pantry, waiting to be used up. I'm especially looking forward to making a bacon and cheese quiche, and trying bierocks.

So, what's on the docket for the rest of September?

Well, next week is Some Odd Girl digi release- which means you will be treated to an entire week of fun and exciting projects. There's a lot of fabulous new stamps in the release, and I helped pitch a few of the ideas - so, I'm even more excited to share the inspiration with you. And having caught a little peek at how amazing the rest of the creations from my fellow designers are... Let me just say, it will be a truly fun event.

I'm still working on my stash kit cards. I've actually got quite a few of them completed, using up supplies and really letting the stamps shine. I've still got a few images to color, but I'm confident that I will be hitting my 12-card goal before the end of the month. I'm already more than half-way there, and I will continue to work on things as I get some free time.

Speaking of free time... It feels like it's a rare commodity nowadays. I find myself in that zone where I suddenly have a free moment, but there's so much I want to do that I can't decide and I just end up watching random Youtube videos. And while it's entertaining and I've learned some awesome new card-making techniques, it's not exactly productive. So, I'm going to try putting myself on a schedule of some sort. Maybe having an evening dedicated to crafting or an evening dedicated to art will help me stay focused better.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

No comments:

Post a Comment