Friday, September 11, 2015

I Dig You


MFT's Superstar Contest is still going on, so I thought I would contribute another card. This time, I'm using Birdie Brown's You Gnome Me stamp set. If you've poked through my blog a bit, you'll see that I'm a BIG fan of Torico's designs, and this set is no exception. Aside from having lovely illustrations, the set also features some punny sentiments - and I can never resist a good pun.

I started the card by stamping the flower boot and the gnome onto some marker paper. I colored them both in with Copics, going with warmer colors. This stamp set does have a matching die set available, but I did not not get it yet. So, I fussy-cut around the images with my trusty scissors.

I wanted to keep the background pretty simple. I found a cute heart paper that matched the warm tones of my colored images. I trimmed it to size with my trimmer and matted it with some black cardstock for a punch of contrast.

I used the Circle STAX 2 dies to cut out a couple of circles - one from a mint patterned paper and another from a scrap of black cardstock. I adhered the two circles together, which gave me a focal point to add to my card. I adhered the gnome and the shoe to the circle, making sure that parts of the image stuck out a bit. I think this creates a more interesting scene.

I grounded my image by adding a bit of warm gray Copic color underneath them. Then, I adhered everything together onto a standard top-folding A2 card base (4¼x5½"). I stamped the matching sentiment onto a piece of cream cardstock and adhered it just above my image.

Lastly, I added a few glittery gold enamel dots.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

6 comments:

  1. Totally digging this! :D I love this cute design! Your coloring is amazing as always! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ka! I had a blast with this card, and it was really nice to just make something and color something for fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Elle, this is gorgeous! Colouring is perfect as always and you always have the best designs for your cards!

    ReplyDelete